Buying a Home from a Builder
- “The Purchase Contract for a Home” Excerpt from Brincefield’s Guide
- Buying from a Builder: “Failing to Understand the Additional Risks in Buying A New Home from A Builder”, excerpt from Brincefield’s Guide.
- “Purchasing a New Home from a Builder” Builder/seller sales contract forms for new homes are almost always extremely unfair to homebuyers.
- “Buying a New Home from a Builder” This article, written by Mr. Brincefield, identifies provisions in the typical builder sales contract that are bad for homebuyers.
- “Typical Sales Contract Used by Builders Differs Greatly from NVBR Form” This article compares the typical sales contract used by builders in Northern Virginia with the new homes contract form recommended by the Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®.
- “Building Delays Can Leave Buyers Homeless” Washington Times article quoting Mr. Brincefield.